Are you a junior or senior undergraduate student who has a 3.0 or higher GPA and are involved
in organizations and activities to promote Physical Education, Recreation or Dance? If you
answered yes, you are encouraged to apply for one of the six IAHPERD Student Scholarships
available to undergraduate IAHPERD members.
Application information can be found on the IAHPERD webpage under Grants. Click on the
Scholarship link to see all the details. Applications are due by April 1st. If you need more
information contact the Scholarship Chair, Caryn Putra, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
In order to be eligible for an IAHPERD scholarship, one must:
- Be a full-time undergraduate student, with junior or senior status, majoring
in health, physical education, recreation, and/or dance during the semester in which the scholarship is awarded
- Hold a current student membership in IAHPERD
- Attend a college or university within the State of Illinois.
- Hold an overall GPA and GPA in the major of 3.0 or higher.
In order to be eligible for an IAHPERD scholarship, one may:
- Have their home residence outside the State of Illinois.
- Have previously earned a bachelor’s degree in a different major,
and be currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in an undergraduate
program as stated above.
- Have been a previous IAHPERD scholarship recipient (maximum two times).
- Be a recipient of the top scholarship award only one time
Please include the following items in your application submission for the IAHPERD student scholarship.
- A typed application cover letter which includes your IAHPERD membership number. This number may be acquired from the IAHPERD Executive Director at 217-245-6413 or by emailing email@example.com.
- A resume that includes your summer and early fall addresses, phone number, email address, and degree information (college/university, academic major/minor, anticipated date of graduation). Resume should also include other relevant details, such as, professional accomplishments, honors, voluntary professional development activities, certifications received, service in professional organizations, extra-curricular activities, community program involvement, research projects, and presentations you have participated in during the past two years.
- A typed essay (maximum two pages) addressing the following questions:
- Why did you choose to pursue a degree in health, physical education, recreation or dance?
- What do you hope to contribute to the field in the next five years?
- One copy of a College/University transcript from the most recently completed semester.
- Two letters of recommendation, one of which must be from a faculty member at the student’s university.
Six scholarships will be awarded.
-One $2,000 scholarship and five $1,500 scholarships.
Your completed scholarship application must be received on or before April 1st and sent to the Chair of the Scholarship committee at the following email address: